Sunday, February 25, 2007

More Good News

I'm excited to let you know that I've expanded my work in bringing people the good news in sports. About two months ago, I started Good News In College Sports and have received some very positive feedback from folks who have visited it.

That has inspired me to expand into the world of pro sports for the first time in my writing career. Yesterday, I began Good News In Pro Sports, searching out the positive, uplifting stories in the world of professional sports. You're won't find stories there about Terrell Owens, hockey fights, athletes holding out for extra millions of dollars, failed drug tests, or any of the negative events that so often fill up the front page of the sports section and saturate the airwaves of ESPN or sports talk radio.

There are still people involved with professional sports who ARE role models and have achieved success the old fashioned way, by hard work, perseverence, and overcoming obstacles. Others have gone beyond their accomplishments to influence and encourage others to maximize their God-given abilities and reach levels they may not have on their own.

Those are the stories I'll be telling on Good News In Pro Sports and will continue to bring you on Good News in College Sports. If you run across an item that would be appropriate for either blog, please forward it to me at thecourtmaster@aol.com and I'll make sure you receive credit for it if I use it.

This does mean, however, that I won't be publishing much if any new content for The CourtMaster Rules on College Sports. This blog has been transitioning into more of a home-page, clearinghouse for my other work. Keep checking here, though, because that could change down the road. I never know what opportunity might present itself and when it does, I'll share it with everyone here.

With March Madness upon us, I'll be continuing regular appearances with Bob Haynie on WNST radio in Baltimore (usually between 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM EST during the week) and Thom Abraham on WUMP in Huntsville, AL. (almost always at 6:05 PM EST Wednesdays). If I see where I'll be popping up on another station, I'll let you know. Since it appears my Terps will be back in the NCAA Tournament after a two-season hiatus, at least I'll be in a better mood.

I also want to take a moment to get personal and thank my wonderful, amazing wife Brenda (The CourtMrs.) for her support as I continue to develop into what I want to be when I grow up. Not only has she not complained at all the time I spend on these ventures, she strongly encourages me to do so.

I couldn't have a better teammate than my beloved Brenda. She's my Good News story.

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jazzy Jeff said...

check out these college matchups..

http://www.maximonline.com/slideshows/index.aspx?imgCollectId=164&src=jh4

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home