Monday, January 09, 2006

Story Updates

Over the weekend, I wrote about the dismissal of Marcus Vick from Virginia Tech last Friday. His name is in the news again today with the announcement that he was charged with pulling a gun on three teenagers in a McDonald's parking lot in Suffolk, Virginina, the town where his mother lives.

Now I've encountered issues at McDonald's when I couldn't get my order right, but I never considered shooting anyone. Of course, I never carried a gun either, but maybe that's just me. In my post on Saturday, I speculated whether we would see the younger Vick brother first in an NFL or police lineup. I didn't have to wait long to find out.


In a story not involving deadly weapons, Arkansas fans have not given up hope of local high school quarterback Mitch Mustain attending their school. Mustain had verballed to Arkansas but, as I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, decommitted even after the Razorbacks hired his high school coach for their staff. A group of fans have established the site "Stay Home Mitch"
and already have 371 signiatures. Signing day is February 1, so at least they didn't have to make a long term investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home