Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Good News: Wheelchair Football

How cool is this? I ran across this anouncement that members of the University of Toledo football team will be participating in the fourth annual game between the Rockets and the Toledo Crash, a wheelchair football team. The game is Wednesday night and will benefit The Ability Center of Greater Toledo. Photos from last year's game are here.

I remember watching a wheelchair basketball team putting on an exhibition at my junior high school way back when and how amazed I was at the shots they could make that I could never dream of on two good legs. The idea of wheelchair football had never occurred to me until i saw this yesterday.

If you are interested in learning more about wheelchair football, there is information on the NCPAD (The National Center on Physical Activity and Disability) web page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home